Display brightness

Started by Luke, July 15, 2012, 11:02:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Luke

Hello. Im new in BackBox and i LOVE it!!! But i have 1 big problem. I cant change my brightness to lower. I tried everything on linux distros i had before and nothing worked. Hope, this forum will help me. (Sorry for my bad English, but im from Slovakia  ::)

Edit: I forgot to type my notebook : Toshiba Satellite L750.

Max4me

Hi
I have a Toshiba Satellite L755 and is equipped with a Nvidia geforce gt525m (2Gb).
Cuda driver, and I manage the brightness from nvidia x server settings.

Luke

Hello. I installed cuda yesterday. I used this tutorial : http://wiki.backbox.org/index.php/Nvidia_CUDA_drivers_and_toolkit but i didnt install this : sudo apt-get install cpp-4.4 gcc-4.4 g++-4.4 ... when i was in text mode i couldnt connect to my wifi. Can you help me ?

Max4me

You can install all the dependencies first.
Ciao

Luke

I dont undertand now. What do you mean ?

Max4me

As a first step you can do sudo apt-get install cpp-4.4 ...g++-4.4 and then start the installation by following the guide.
However, I believe that after the installation of devdriver, you can start the graphical environment

gayungan

you can install "power management" from ubuntu software center. but we must click power management every login to increase brighness

akbarumar88

Quote from: Luke on July 15, 2012, 11:02:43 AM
Hello. Im new in BackBox and i LOVE it!!! But i have 1 big problem. I cant change my brightness to lower. I tried everything on linux distros i had before and nothing worked. Hope, this forum will help me. (Sorry for my bad English, but im from Slovakia  ::)

Edit: I forgot to type my notebook : Toshiba Satellite L750.

you can download app called xbacklight just type in terminal "sudo apt-get install xbacklight" without quotes, it will be installed automatically and you can set it between 1 until 100, command to change the brightness just like "xbacklight -set 50" or "xbacklight = 50" hope this helpfull  :D