What is the correct way to install wine in backbox.

Started by gt-m, April 04, 2018, 11:45:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gt-m

hi guys
i am a windows dude, now trying out linux and with plans to migrate fully when i become very conversant with linux. of all the three ubuntu-debian linux i have installed in my virtual machine. i found backbox very fast not lagging at all. i have kali and parrot os installed but those lag as hell in my 4gig corei3 notebook especially kali. but i had no issues at all installing stuffs and wine. however, i am really frustrated and find it tiresome on the correct way to install wine in backbox. have done tons of youtube and google searches and even followed instruction from winehq officail site and none has helped always end up with error 'you have held a broken package' in the end. i have uninstalled and reinstalled thrice already just to get rid of that constant and nagging 'failed to install and 'you have held a broken package' thing. i first tried to install wine 1.6 which i heard contains 64 & 32 bit arch in one. then i followed that up with 2 and latest 3 versions of wine to no avail. can somebody be kind enough to really show me how to install wine in backbox running on ubuntu 16.04
in my searches about wine installation, i did in this forum before making this thread, i read some dude asking another fela why he wants to install wine anyways like that superiority or you are dumb styled suggestion. well, to answer for it before someone asks me the same question i  need to install it to be able to run veil-evasion, shellter and 15 other app that depends on wine to function.

thanks for you help.

gt-m

EDIT**
just when i was about to give up i stubmled on this tutorial https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Oj__GVjMJ8 followed through and it worked for me. although during install i got error about wine1.7 & ppa repository being deprecated. and in  terminal suggestion were made about the new repo and and also wine 1.8 which i gladly complied and installed. this is after 3 days of serious google search. now, i'm gonna enjoy my backbox.

ostendali

why would use wine if you want to make a permanent move to linux?