Problems with installing Backbox

Started by AzDeveloper, March 04, 2018, 08:00:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AzDeveloper

I just got backbox through torrent (backbox 5), and burn it to my USB with Universal USB Installer (Fat32 formatted). When I first boot, I got a screen with "Install Backbox" on it. Everything work fine just until a few seconds later, it freezes. I can't do anything anymore. Waiting would cause it to shut down after a while. I tried again, this time doing the install as fast as I can. But, still, it would freezes a few seconds later. Any help?
Hardware:
HP Pavilion dv6 Notebook
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2630QM CPU @ 2.00GHz
Processor speed: 2000 MHz

AzDeveloper

Quote from: anton_gorodetsky on March 04, 2018, 10:57:47 AM
Never had a similar problem, and I have 2 PC's with Backbox on it, one desktop and one laptop. I think you may download again Backbox ISO image from official download section https://backbox.org/download
Very important thing that after downloading you must check the hash values if they match. Then burn the image on USB (you may use Rufus on Win for example). It should work. Hope this will help.  ;)
Thank you for your help! I did download the file on this page, and tried UNetBootin. I does not work out :/ Now I'm giving a try on Rufus. I'll let you know more about it when I'm done!

AzDeveloper

Quote from: AzDeveloper on March 04, 2018, 02:11:51 PM
Quote from: anton_gorodetsky on March 04, 2018, 10:57:47 AM
Never had a similar problem, and I have 2 PC's with Backbox on it, one desktop and one laptop. I think you may download again Backbox ISO image from official download section https://backbox.org/download
Very important thing that after downloading you must check the hash values if they match. Then burn the image on USB (you may use Rufus on Win for example). It should work. Hope this will help.  ;)
Thank you for your help! I did download the file on this page, and tried UNetBootin. I does not work out :/ Now I'm giving a try on Rufus. I'll let you know more about it when I'm done!
Rufus didn't work either :/ Maybe some staff could help me out?

ostendali

try to boot into live mode and install from there.