After Installed BackBox, don't work an show this:

Started by x3R0, September 21, 2016, 09:38:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

x3R0

After Installed BackBox, don't work an show this error, please help me  :-\

ostendali

I am not sure how to help you with just that information in the screenshot. You need to provide more data.

From your screenshot msg it sounds like kernel having trouble with your GPU or video card. But it is only a guess mine.

have the installation completed properly without issues?

Pls boot in single mode and chek the logs, syslogs and dmesg, see if there is any better information.

If you don't provide information properly I doubt it people can or would be able to help you.

Wolve

Actually it is not a GPU problem. The disp doesn't stand for display errors. It just says that it displays the error code.

There went something wrong with your installation. The error indicates, that your installation is corrupt.
Maybe your harddrive has errors. Try fsck from the live version of backbox and check your harddrive with that.
It will check the filesystem for errors and fix them.

Greets,

Wolve

ostendali

Quote from: Wolve on September 29, 2016, 01:30:14 AM
Actually it is not a GPU problem. The disp doesn't stand for display errors. It just says that it displays the error code.

There went something wrong with your installation. The error indicates, that your installation is corrupt.
Maybe your harddrive has errors. Try fsck from the live version of backbox and check your harddrive with that.
It will check the filesystem for errors and fix them.

Greets,

Wolve
thanks for your comment but I am perfectly aware that the disp doesn't mean display error. Pay close attention, i said video or gpu, not the display, plus it is a guess.....

Pls kindly reply when you have some useful information or solution and don't duplicate my request. I clearly asked already the question about the installation if it went fine fine or not and asked to check further and provide further information.