BackBox vs BackTrack

Started by drego85, February 28, 2011, 07:15:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

drego85

BackBox e BackTrack sono due importati security suite basate su Linux distribuite in tutto il mondo ma molti utenti si trovano spesso a chiedersi quale delle due distribuzioni sia la migliore, pertanto ho deciso di creare un esaustivo articolo con i pregi e difetti di entrambe le distribuzioni toccherà poi a voi scegliere quale sarà la corretta distribuzione per il vostro utilizzo. Prenderò in analisi le attuali versioni distribuite che sono BackBox 1.0 e BackTrack 4 R2.

Confronto Completo: http://www.oversecurity.net/2011/02/28/backbox-versus-backtrack
Andrea Draghetti
Personal Blog

beva

ottimo confronto!
Anch'io ho espresso un commento ;)
ciao
beva

alan

Preciso e dettagliato.  :)

Ro0t_

backTrack 5 is just way too buggy and BT 4 is not supported anymore so i see that distro just taking a nose dive and you guys have a big chance of taking the d@ck riders from Remote exploit and switching them over to BackBox. BT 5 has so many problems with ettercap, updates, freezing....etc I don't really think it will get any better since the team over there is so cocky and think their sh%t doesn't stink they forgot to make a distro worth using anymore and just rely on the BackTrack name to slide them by. Good by BackTrack time to switch over to something that works and with a forum where you can actually talk to people and not be hounded by the moderators and the community isn't scared to make a post because the moderator may only have a smart  remark to say back instead of an intelligent comment. Remote exploit you guys just suck all around!!!   :(

raffaele

Ro0t_ no comment! You are Welcome in BackBox Community ;)
raffaele@backbox:~$ Get root or die tryin'

ultra_lazer

Ciao
ho provato blackbuntu personalmente, e ne ha tante cose positive e negative.
positivo:
full desktop os basato su ubuntu 10.10, arsenale che conta circa 300 tools, ottimo per principianti con una marea di GUI applications, gnome environment.
negativo:
lento, no LTS, prima versione e' piu efficente della seconda, consuma tanto CPU, dvd live risponde poco, ha bisogno di ulteriori patches, tools presi da ubuntu repository wifi drivers da modificare, splash e theme non gradevoli .

conclusione:
come ho detto, ottima per principianti perche Gnome resta il piu semplice da usare. se sai dove mettere le mani potresti renderlo un OS molto efficente.

Ultra_Lazer.

vincenzo

Eheh se è per questo esiste anche Gnacktrack nata quando Backtrack era solo in versione KDE, per gli amanti di Gnome. Il punto è che fare i confronti non sempre ha senso perchè la differenza in realtà sta nel target a cui è rivolta una distribuzione, quindi nella scelta del parco software e nel numero di maintainers. Backtrack è un progetto che conta molti maintainers, ha anche alle spalle l'Offensive Security che sicuramente ne aumenta il prestigio. Direi che non è user-friendly come una tipica distribuzione Ubuntu, anche per via di un certo numero di strane personalizzazioni e "difetti" sparsi qua e là, onestamente non le darei un rapporto qualità/"prezzo" alto. Avere un alto numero di applicativi non è sempre sinonimo di qualità. D'altra parte, non ho molta fiducia nei progetti pomposi che nascono già con l'obiettivo di coinvolgere la massa, basta vedere nUbuntu per esempio che ha avuto vita breve. Personalmente penso che Backbox abbia dalla sua una scelta di software molto intelligente e l'usabilità, con un rapporto qualità/"prezzo" intorno all'unità, perchè da una parte la qualità è altissima ma c'è anche molto lavoro dietro le quinte, per il numero di maintainers. Le cose fatte con cura e col cuore durano, quindi, buona fortuna Backbox ;)

You cannot teach a man anything. You can only help him discover it within himself.

cyb33rc0de

Do not be baby. Remote exploit is big and serious company. I had bt from its 3rd edition and I like it. Bt5 is full of bugs, even update is shi•. But do not fool them, they will fix all them in bt5 r2. You have chanse... Read my thread...  :P

n1tr0g3n_0x1d3

BT5 R2 is even worse than the previous release, they just can't seem to get their sheet together over there lol  Too bad too sad. I don't want to spend my day trying to make an OS work, if you don't know how to make something right than don't brag that it just gets better & better every release like they do. I will never again use their junk when my job depends on my tools and OS behaving properly.

meebo

Agreed. Back|Track has been losing credibility as a superior security distro. The distro itself has gone downhill remarkably - and the support sucks. If I wanted to get yelled at told to GTFO for asking an honest question, I'd ask my dad - not the devs and moderators who are supposed to be there to keep order and help the members. I can't wait till there's nothing left of Back|Track - I'm predicting the distro will be run into the ground, and the [entire] community will leave because of the lack of mutual respect.

Thanks for providing an alternative (albeit light in tools) that the community can be proud to be a part of again.

bgalakazam

BT is dying. They have virtually NO support for the users. The forums are full of moderators suffering from delusion of grandeur. BT 5 is a complete disaster.

I am looking forward to using BB. I hope the community grows fast and overtakes BT.
Desktop | PC-BSD

vincenzo

Hello bgalakazam,

thank you. We are doing our best to make our community grow fast :)
Feel free to suggest anything you would like to see in BB.

Cheers

You cannot teach a man anything. You can only help him discover it within himself.

ostendali

Thanks to everyone lads,
your feedback is much appreciated....
We'll try to do our best with your help and go ahead. Our target is not overtaking BT or any other distro of security.....we just want to create a flexible pentest security distro human readable, our target is not fighting some other distro but fighting with our own distro to expose to the community the best of the community.....

So pls, we have no any aversion here with other, we are just keep looking straight in our direction and we cannot do that without your support.

So thanks to all to you guys.

Cheers

aredvanrossum

Ho letto l'articolo su oversecurity...
ma ho letto qualche commento in giro per la rete in cui qualcuno dice che "BackBox va bene per un pentest veloce" mentre BackTrack è ottima per un pentest
approfondito...

Poi ho letto che BackTrack ha intorno a 300 tools, mentre BackBox 100... ora mi chiedo, questi 100 tools sono sufficienti per fare quello che con la BT si fa con 300 tools (quindi in BT ci sarebbero tools diciamo "inutili") o alla BackBox manca qualche tool in piu'? E se cosi' fosse, non sarebbe il caso di integrare i tools in BB?