msfconsole error

Started by weVeg, November 15, 2012, 10:12:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

weVeg

Robert your help is essential, but please, try to understand me, I don't want hurt you, I'm to much paranoid to install your folder, to much simple to make my system backdoored... Most probably the folder is clean, and I'm so sorry, but, you know, will be 'cause this is a chance for an Italian to demonstrate all his stupidity, I know that you don't ... sorry bro but I'm grow up in a place where your bro is the first who f**k you.... sorry, really sorry again, I hope that you understand me and my frustration. I wish trust you...
Sorry... 30 years in italy made this injury.....
My frustration born because I'm the first who believe in the community but at the first chance I can't make it real .... sorry....
una voce libera è sempre liberatrice
under_r00t

r083rt

I don't want hurt you, I'm to much paranoid to install your folder, to much simple to make my system backdoored.

Bro seriously !! hold on let me stop for a sec .... lol

1 ) If you think thats the way I HACK THEN YOU HAVE INSULTED ME lol  :P
2 ) bro I svn'ed form fresh source its not a copy of my msf lib install it was done separately
3 ) people that upload exploits and then either give them to someone or in the hope that they click and download are not hackers THERE SCRIPT KIDDIES  !!!
4 ) Im just trying to help you since there was a problem with your connection
5 ) how do you know your not already back-doored ??? how do you test and know  :P lol Ill pm you tomorrow and give you a little project :)
6 ) no offense taken you don't want to download it .... don't  :)

weVeg

1) yes I want insult you ;)
2) this is a good thing
3) I agree with you
4) I know, here start my frustration
5) I don't know! I can't know! But download and install "random stuff" isn't my way to do, then probably I don't
6) I've already downloaded your folder, but my paranoia avoid me to install it

a) I think you have enough mind to understand me
b) I'm so sorry for that, and I repeat, I don't want either hurt or insult you...
c) imagine, what if you really have backdoored the folder and with just a little of social eng. I install your folder, I'll be a stupid and a poor asshole (sarei un coglione)
under_r00t

r083rt

Quotea) I think you have enough mind to understand me

I understand you fine and I never take offense  :D

Theres is no problem Ill remove the files from the post  

regarding social eng .. YES I will use any mean's possible and all and any avenue's to gain access BUT when it comes to helping someone
Id never do that to anyone . in my mind your lower than a snakes  belly if you did that .. and I wouldn't class that as smart or using some ingenuity

did you do svn cleanup and try to do svn up again ?

cd /opt/backbox/msf;svn cleanup;svn up

Also upgrade your svn maybe backbox already is upgraded to 1.7 im not sure

sudo apt-add-repository ppa:svn/ppa ## this ppa is a trusted source its the officially svn source
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get upgrade

also if your using the latest svn 1.7 and you do svn update and you get a version error

do the folowing

svn upgrade ## this will upgrade rev the latest to the 1.7 and then svn update will work fine

ostendali

Quote from: r083rt on November 17, 2012, 12:27:21 AM

svn is very slow the project would be better moving to git .. git is better in many ways
Indeed, though, the git repo is already exist....
http://pauldotcom.com/2011/11/metasploit-changes-to-git.html

r083rt

excellent stuff I was thinking My self nearly everything that has an svn repo has also gone to git but I never bothered looking for the git repo in metasploit

THANKS ostendali excellent stuff  much appreciated bro .. MY LAZY ASS DIDN'T even try to search for a git repo  :D I just kinda put up with svn being slow  >:(

they moved to git over a year ago damn  :-[

ostendali

Quote from: weVeg on November 17, 2012, 02:29:55 AM
1) yes I want insult you ;)
2) this is a good thing
3) I agree with you
4) I know, here start my frustration
5) I don't know! I can't know! But download and install "random stuff" isn't my way to do, then probably I don't
6) I've already downloaded your folder, but my paranoia avoid me to install it

a) I think you have enough mind to understand me
b) I'm so sorry for that, and I repeat, I don't want either hurt or insult you...
c) imagine, what if you really have backdoored the folder and with just a little of social eng. I install your folder, I'll be a stupid and a poor asshole (sarei un coglione)
weVeg,
I think it is pointless to not trust an svn source as its name speaks by itself "svn source", which means you can easily check with a simple "diff -U yourlocalfastlib.rb svnfastlib.rb" or alternatively you can install (very quickly) an application like TortoiseSVN and which will allow you to check your local svn source files integrity with files on msfconsole repository....there are plenty way to check file integrity and if it has been added even a single character out of original sources it is quite easy and straight forward to notice that. This is one of the biggest advantage of FOSS. If you are really paranoid and you don't want to use any of file integrity tools, than just open the bloody fastlib.rb source file and check it manually, it is only 496 line of code... :P   

It is not a rocket science to get know and check this, we are in the Free Open Source Software world...you are having confusion, what you say can happen with proprietary software and not free open source software

Anyway, lets come back to your problem, your system has been just messed up during update of msfconsole. In this case, purge totally the framework and try to run a fresh install from our repositories....though, it will work because everybody, including myself, seem to have no any issue with msfconsole....

Let us know if your problem still persist.

Happy Hacking!

r083rt

some nice points ostendali !!

I was going to explain about diff and how to examine all files to check the integrity but I thought no matter what i said weveg was not going to use the files

so hence I didnt want to spend my time trying to convince him as he would have thought damn he really wants me to download them files
in turn would have made his paranoia go mental

.there are plenty way to check file integrity

lots .. through svn and using bash etc etc files , folders, line, word count lol you spend all day if you had nothing to do and do it MANY different ways

svn within its self checks the rev number ,amount of files ,file names ,file sizes etc etc etc

weVeg

removed and reinstalled, but still have the same problem...
Now I try to replace robert folder, I've downloaded yesterday but not installed for the above reason...
Sorry again robert, I know you did with the best intentions...
Grazie anche a te ostendali, non so che cazzo gli prenda, non ho mai avuto problemi del genere, provo e vi faccio sapere!

EDIT:
even with robert's folder:
Quote/opt/backbox/msf/lib/fastlib.rb:371:in `fastlib_original_require': no such file to load -- rubygems (LoadError)

EDIT2:
I'm the bigger the longest and the stronger n00b on the face of Earth
apt-get install rubygems
I don't know why was deleted, but now works.....
:-[ I'm not many embarrassed
under_r00t

r083rt

bro do me a favor

sudo gem install fastlib

what ruby are you using i.e 1.9.2 or 1.9.3 or have you used the system ruby i.e 1.8.7

make sure your using either 1.9.2 or 1.9.3 and not the system ruby i.e 1.8.7

with ruby 1.8.7 you  may problems ** I guarantee you you will encounter errors with 1,8,7 it will fail in some point with some gem that it conflicts with

USE the latest ruby

weVeg

ruby -v
ruby 1.8.7 (2011-06-30 patchlevel 352) [i686-linux]

read above, solved....
under_r00t

r083rt

WOW  :D  anyway that patch level ruby is not the latest of the 1.8.7 for a start !!!! that is the basic ruby platform for a linux system

use 1.9.3 the modules load faster and the gems are supporter better

we all make mistakes BUT THAT IS A WHOPPER !!!! check check and recheck !!!!!

But you can reserve this post for when I over look something  ;D :D ;)

weVeg

'cause now I'm not sure even for the base (lol)
apt-get install ruby1.9.3
it's enough?

lol! I'm an assohole....
no way...
under_r00t

r083rt

\curl -L https://get.rvm.io | bash -s stable --ruby

bro ahh you made me laugh but in a nice way not an "your an asshole" way  :P

to error is natural but to real fuck things UP leave that to bill gates :)

weVeg

Done

ruby -v                                                  ] 11:31
ruby 1.9.3p327 (2012-11-10 revision 37606) [i686-linux]

thank a lot...

you are right rob, really, after msfupdate rubygems was deleted, I never mind! who fuck looking for something that was here... btw I made a very big mistake....
under_r00t