problem with modem Huawei E220

Started by imamsibli, January 15, 2012, 08:39:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

imamsibli

hi,
i need help.
backbox2 can detect my modem (Bus 002 Device 004: ID 12d1:1003 Huawei Technologies Co., Ltd. E220 HSDPA Modem / E230/E270/E870 HSDPA/HSUPA Modem). but i cant make profil in network applet. (on backtrack 5 r1 modem work)

thanks.

ZEROF

Don't ask, read : http://wiki.backbox.org
or just run sudo rm -rf /*

Azoic

Quote from: imamsibli on January 15, 2012, 08:39:04 AM
hi,
i need help.
backbox2 can detect my modem (Bus 002 Device 004: ID 12d1:1003 Huawei Technologies Co., Ltd. E220 HSDPA Modem / E230/E270/E870 HSDPA/HSUPA Modem). but i cant make profil in network applet. (on backtrack 5 r1 modem work)

thanks.

If your still having troubles, this may help. All i did was open the network manager and created a new connection. Im in Australia, and i dont know if the same system is in use where you are, but my ISP is on a 3g network, and all i did was create a new wireless connection.

My Steps :
1. Open network manager
2. Create Optus 3g network ( Im on Dodo network, but they use Optus)
3. Edit connection and change APN to dodolns1
4. Close and connect to Internet.

Settings will vary for other carriers and countries. But basic idea is sound.

Hope this is helpful.

ostendali

I have the exact same device of yours and it works without installing anything additional on Backbox....
if you just click on network (the arrow on top bar) you will notice the the menu to activate mobile broadband device....follow the instruction and you will have auto configured the device.
Once you've done that, it will be enough for the next time to click on it as connection...
Enjoy!