Firstly, yes i've already seen the other resolution issue post, but my problem is a bit different.
Secondly i have tried this 2 times (completely new installation) , do you have this problem too guys ?
- I use VirtualBox to install Backbox
- After installation the screen resolution is not right, which is normal for linux distro..
- After the installation of the guest additions and a reboot the resolution changes with changing the window-size of virtualbox (fullscreen 1080p
- But after a restart the resolution is about 1024 and doesnt change
with the window-size anymore
- I tried to reset it from the system settings (display) but there's now 1080p it goes only up to 1600x1200 and if i play a bit with the settings it never changes to a bigger resolution once you went down.
- i tried to set the res manually with xrandr but again i can only go up to 1600x1200, if i type f.e. xrandr -s 1920x1080 it tells me that there's no such mode
Do i have to make a new mode and somehow put it in autostart or do you have a better solution for this issue?
Thx for your help