Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Install n using Compiz?  (Read 1928 times)
kira.mizuky
« on: September 15, 2012, 07:14:34 AM »

hi,
i want to install compiz on my BB, can it works @ BB?
n how to configure it?

sorry if my english bad...
ZEROF
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2012, 01:31:57 PM »

Hi,

BBox use xfce desktop environment, and yes you can try compiz. Check this article and say me if compiz working well, like that we can write wiki post for other users.

Don't ask, read : http://wiki.backbox.org
or just run sudo rm -rf /*
dragonheart

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2012, 09:48:32 PM »

I installed Compiz & Emerald and working well. My only problem is nvidia (geforce gt 540M) because i don't have hardware acceleration. Drivers are not supported well and for that i can't play games either.  :'(
keyfound

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2013, 04:09:07 AM »

I installed Compiz & Emerald and working well. My only problem is nvidia (geforce gt 540M) because i don't have hardware acceleration. Drivers are not supported well and for that i can't play games either.  :'(
Hello,
For graphics acceleration you can install "Bumblebee", the procedure is simple if you are interested and Compiz works much better.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2013, 04:11:06 AM by keyfound » Logged
weVeg

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2013, 05:02:44 AM »

Hello,
For graphics acceleration you can install "Bumblebee", the procedure is simple if you are interested and Compiz works much better.
Not all correct, bumblebee is needed if you have 2 graphic card (optimus) and you need to "switch" on the fly or run one software with that driver, anyways to use bumblebee you need to have setup proprerly the right driver and this isn't our case... if they experienced problems with proprietary driver you might suggest them at least to use nouveau driver that works fine even with compiz...
bye
« Last Edit: January 09, 2013, 05:29:41 AM by weVeg » Logged

una voce libera è sempre liberatrice
Whatchu talking bout Willis?
MAYA => EPIC FAIL!!
keyfound

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2013, 01:54:35 PM »

Hello,
Not all correct, bumblebee is needed if you have 2 graphic card (optimus) and you need to "switch" on the fly or run one software with that driver, anyways to use bumblebee you need to have setup proprerly the right driver and this isn't our case... if they experienced problems with proprietary driver you might suggest them at least to use nouveau driver that works fine even with compiz...
bye
Forgive me, I assumed that he had the optimus alongside the GT540M. Usually in the notebook is supported.
For the rest I agree with you.
weVeg

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2013, 03:20:17 PM »

I have optimus too, and imho, it sucks!! =)
The new proprietary nvidia drivers are unstable and not well supported, I hope that they release something better!!
btw nouveau works fine!!
bye

una voce libera è sempre liberatrice
Whatchu talking bout Willis?
MAYA => EPIC FAIL!!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: